I. Position Summary
The CSP Senior Software Engineer works within Scientific Games and is responsible for providing senior engineering development and leadership on CSP product development and enhancement, implementation projects and maintenance/support needs. The Senior Engineer leads a diverse technical team to ensure the successful and timely implementation of SGI’s CSP and Online Lottery products along with related services. The ideal candidate has senior engineering and architecture experience amongst diverse teams that promote innovation, growth, company value and customer satisfaction with the solutions delivered. The candidate must effectively understand and analyze both business and technical requirements while keeping in mind the big picture in the development of the company’s future products. This position must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and is accountable for the technical implementation of all software related tasks assigned to their team. The Senior Software Engineer reports to and is directed by the CSP Software Development Manager.
II. Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Manage and lead the delivery of new product features, implementations, integrations to SGI and 3rd parties, maintenance and other technical projects.
• Work closely with internal and external customers to make sure that the application meets the needs of the business and SGI’s SLAs.
• Coordinate the establishment and execution of product development and architectural roadmaps that align with the company’s overall vision.
• Work with team members on technical and professional skills to enable career growth for team members
• Ensure delivery of quality work with clear, well-commented code as scheduled in accordance with technical design and product requirements
• Help refine and enforce shop standards for development and testing activities.
• Adhering to SGI’s and industry security standards
• Strong knowledge of software testing
• Maintain project-related documentation in anticipation of internal and third-party audits.
• Assist in the preparation of responses to RFPs including technical responses, sizing, costing, schedules, product demonstration and other related tasks.
• Maintain up to date knowledge on new programming methods and technologies in order to anticipate and accommodate future changes dictated by business and technical growth.
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to team members.
• Conduct interviews for new staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
III. Position Qualifications
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Management, or equivalent experience.
• 10 or more years programming experience, preferably in a large-scale transaction processing or other complex system, is a plus.
• Strong expertise in SQL Server design and development patterns. This includes SSRS, Stored Procedures, Views and complex T-SQL
• Development expertise in C#, ASP.NET, XML, Web services, SQL Server, WPF, and AJAX
• The product and the team are very back end oriented and have a large number of integrations to 3rd party’s key to the functionality delivered.
• This position requires a well-rounded software engineer that is willing to work in any area of the system that requires maintenance and/or new development.
• Experience in Customer Interaction and Requirements Analysis
• Experience in Software design and architecture, Client / Server programming, Database programming, Source Control/Configuration, Real-time server programming, High availability environment programming and User interface implementation.
• Knowledge regarding Agile Development processes and methodologies, is a plus
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal communication and writing skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment where multiple projects must be delivered simultaneously.
• Gaming business experience a plus
• Demonstrated commitment to technical development as evidenced by continuing education and professional certifications is a plus.
• Experience working with resources overseas is a plus
• Experience with predictive analytics and related tools are a plus.
IV. Your Personal Strengths
• Strong leadership and architecture skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong ability and experience in driving technical delivery of large complex projects.
• Ability to work with a wide range of delivery and support teams in a matrix organization.
• Careful and detail-oriented work style
• Strong analytical skills and excellent problem solving abilities.
• Work well under pressure.
• Ability to communicate and articulate complex technical issues, resolutions and planned actions to a diverse set of internal and external customers.
• Place value in keeping commitments and achieving high quality results
V. Physical Requirements:
• Office environment – Heavy computer use
V1. Work Conditions:
• The ability to move between projects with little notice and the ability to adapt quickly.
• Dynamic environment with a wide variety of technologies and business lines.
• Overtime and weekend hours may be required to meet project schedules and other deadlines.
• Travel requirements: Up To: 20%.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.