Provide legal support to our fast paced, growing digital and social divisions, which incorporate social gaming, real money wagering and sports betting. Responsibilities will include the drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts ranging from simple consulting agreements to complex licensing arrangements and full service platform agreements, providing advice with respect to privacy law, contests and promotions, corporate governance, IT, data security and cyberlaw issues, sports betting issues and participating in all aspects of the company’s global compliance with gaming laws and regulations (primarily as they apply to our Interactive business). All facets of the business are international in nature.
Essential Job Functions:
• Advise on, negotiate and draft a wide range of commercial agreements related to online wagering, social, and casual gaming, game server licenses, online casino platform agreements, sports book platform agreement and other types of agreements, managed services, marketing agreements and nondisclosure agreements.
• Advise on, negotiate and draft agreements related to the acquisition and development of content and technology such as intellectual property licenses and consulting agreements.
• Advise on, negotiate and draft agreements and rules related to promotions, sweepstakes and advertising.
• Participate in all aspects of the division’s merger and acquisition activity including due diligence, drafting or assisting with stock and asset purchase agreements, and developing and implementation integration plans.
• Coordinate with the company compliance department to advise on compliance with applicable gaming laws and regulations; support the compliance department in the drafting of regulatory license applications and the identification of permitted and restricted territories.
• Identifying issues and managing risk escalating issues to line manager / DGC Interactive as applicable.
• Supporting and upholding corporate governance policies including SOX approvals, DOA.
Education: Juris Doctorate from an accredited Law School
Required Work Experience/Certifications/Licenses:
• Admitted to practice law in good standing
• 3 – 7 years commercial legal or intellectual property licensing experience
• Minimum of 3 years of general commercial contract drafting and negotiating experience
• Familiarity with legal issues impacting provision of Internet technology and related transactions, including content licensing, development and integration, cloud computing, SaaS, and e-commerce
Preferred Work Experience
• Major law firm experience
• Mix of major law firm and in house experience a plus
• Gaming industry or entertainment industry and intellectual property licensing experience
• Gaming regulatory experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Proven and extensive experience in negotiating and drafting commercial contracts
• Self-motivation and ability to prioritize high volumes of responsibilities a must
• Outstanding legal writing and communication skills
• Strong ability to work independently and exercise sound legal reasoning, analysis and judgment
• Excellent client relation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to assess risk and effectively communicate such risk to the business
• Must have a team mentality and the willingness to work on any issue across all levels of the organization
• Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Flexible work hours as much of the business operates in European time zones
Work Conditions: Office environment. May require infrequent travel. May require weekend and evening hours.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.