Temporary with possible move to permanent
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Shipping and Receiving
• Ship and receive of all equipment, parts, and/or machinery, as required.
• Input all shipping and receiving information using computer.
• Assist with loading and offloading items from shipping trucks daily.
• Check existing and incoming stock.
• Prepare and box outgoing shipments.
• Open and unload incoming shipments.
• Receive and process shipping/receiving/work order correspondence.
• Process parts returns.
• Participate in inventory control practices.
• Prepare outgoing orders for shipment to customers.
• Prepare mechanic orders.
• Prepare courier information for outgoing orders.
• Customer Service
• Assist customers with deliveries or shipments in person, over the phone or through email.
• Handle general customer inquiries, concerns, and disputes regarding shipping and receiver, as required.
• Forklift Duties
• Drive forklifts as needed to transfer stock (parts and equipment).
• Perform safety checks on forklifts.
• Additional Responsibilities
• Ensure warehouse and computers are ready for daily operations.
• Maintain recordkeeping of trucking waybills.
• Prepare stock labels.
• Ensure parts are given to mechanics.
• Perform daily filing and copying.
• Attend Safety Tool Box meetings.
• Ensure all shipping/receiving areas are maintained properly and perform routine housekeeping.
• Prepare garbage and recycling for pick-up.
• Participate in all required Health & Safety Training.
• Comply with the Health & Safety program and practices.
• Performance of daily duties in a manner conducive to a safe workplace.
• Comply with Wajax Equipment’s policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Work duties performed primarily in a warehouse environment with frequent interruptions.
• Requires moderate amount of outdoor work with possible temperature changes.
• Position is physically demanding.
• Periodically may be required to work rotational or on-call assignments.
• Working with hazardous materials.
• Training and certification on Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
• Forklift Certification.
• Requires a valid driver’s license and a reliable means of transportation.
• Arrives to work, ready to work.
• Is polite and friendly to colleagues and clients and optimistic in the face of change or challenge.
• Approaches each day with enthusiasm.
• Understands and supports the organizational direction and goes above and beyond for the team.
• Makes sound decisions that support the organizational direction, values and mission.
• Freely admits to errors and takes the necessary steps to rectify the situation.
• Follows through on commitments.
• Honestly answers questions.
• Is fair and consistent in daily interactions and decision making.
• Keeps their manager and/or team updated on tasks, deadlines, problems and successes.
• Verifies that information, data and details are correct.
• Takes action and/or makes suggestions to correct errors.
• Is able to handle multiple tasks and effectively manage workload.
• Acknowledges and responds to others in a manner that shows interest and concern.
• Understands positional boundaries and involves the right people in decision making or solution building.
• Takes the time to get to know others, asks questions, finds a common bond and develops professional rapport.
• Respects the confidentiality and concerns shared by others.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS – ROLE EXPECTATIONS:
Definition: Competencies are the identified behaviors, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required in order to be successful within the position.
• Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
• Demonstrates reliability
• Follows organizational guidelines, professional standards, regulations and principles.
• Demonstrates reliability and integrity on a daily basis.
• Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements.
• Recognizes new information and ideas with a willingness to alter opinions.
• Communicates information with consistency and clarity.
• Uses active listening techniques in order to effectively understand provided feedback.
Organizational and Environmental Awareness:
• Displays commitment to the organizational by acting in accordance with expectations.
• Has a clear understanding of positional boundaries, moves concerns to the right position and respects the boundaries and authority of other positions.
Planning and Organizing:
• Accurately estimates the durations and level of difficulty of responsibilities, duties and tasks.
• Establishes priorities and identifies critical tasks that need to be handled immediately.
• Asks questions and does research to learn more about the issue.
• Develops multiple solutions and considers the advantages and disadvantages of each solution.
• Provides superior service to both internal and external customers.
• Follows through on commitments and responds to inquiries, emails, requests and complaints in a timely fashion.
• Values and encourages teamwork through daily actions and by soliciting feedback from all levels of the organization.
• Respects contributions of all team members, demonstrates cooperation and supports team decisions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma required, post-secondary education is considered an asset.
• 1-2 years’ experience performing shipping and receiving duties in a warehouse environment.
• WHMIS certification is considered an asset.
• Forklift license and current training is considered an asset.
• Transportation of Dangerous Goods certification is considered an asset.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Functional written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office.
• Proven ability to work effectively with customers and/or others.
• Able to make basic, position-specific decisions to address concerns.
• Basic multi-tasking skills to prioritize work duties.