Who We Are
Since 1858, Wajax has been serving major Canadian industries as one of the nation’s leading mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial products and services providers. Wajax operates in the mining, oil sands, oil & gas, construction, forestry, industrial/commercial, transportation, and metal processing industries – to name a few. We deliver one of the broadest ranges of industrial products and services in Canada.
At Wajax we want to find critical thinkers, high performers, and team players – and the opportunities we offer are as varied as the markets we serve.
Role and Responsibilities:
Follow direction from Senior Technicians in assisting with Techncian repairs and in shop tasks and duties.
• Repair and perform electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical maintenance on various equipment including diesel, LPG units, electric and gas units (shop and field).
• Program, update, and calibrate on board control systems.
• Maintain shop tools (such as hydraulic press, industrial parts or pressure washer, air compressors, scissor lifts etc.).
• Rebuild components and repair excavators.
Registered in a related Apprenticeship program
•Some experience with, Heavy Equipment, Truck and Coach, Ag equipment, Material handing or underground mining equipment considered and asset.
•Fundamental written and verbal communication skills
•Workplace computer knowledge, email, excel, catologues, in house systems
•Ability to work effectively with customers and others
•Excellent demonstrated mechanical aptitude, analysis and problem solving skills
•Valid driver’s license.
More than just a Competitive Salary
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, and some unique additional “perks.” Highlights of our programs include:
• Commencing on you start date you are eligible for medical, dental, vision, DCPP (Pension Plan), RRSP and more
• Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers
• Our unique additional perks program includes exclusive discounts with variety of manufacturers and service providers such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dell, TELUS, a group mortgage, home & auto insurance program and more.
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, if contacted for an interview please inform us if accommodation is required.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
We thank you for your interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.