Who We Are
Since 1858, Wajax has been serving major Canadian industries as one of the nation’s leading mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial products and services providers. Wajax operates in the mining, oil sands, oil & gas, construction, forestry, industrial/commercial, transportation, and metal processing industries – to name a few. We deliver one of the broadest ranges of industrial products and services in Canada.
At Wajax we want to find critical thinkers, high performers, and team players – and the opportunities we offer are as varied as the markets we serve.
Parts sales/support for internal service/install team as well as external to customers. Sourcing, pricing, ordering parts. Following up with vendors and customers on lead time and also be responsible for Core Admin duties/taks
The Parts Representative is responsible for providing a high level of customer service in support of the business of service and parts sales to the market, ensuring efforts are made to support repeat business. Rotates through three work areas: back counter, warehouse, and front counter/order desk.
• Builds and maintains strong customer relations including greeting customers, handling inquiries, providing price quotes and selling parts.
• Prepares and processes necessary documentation for purchases, returns, warranty coverage and other work as required.
• Responds to customers in person, via telephone, or electronically in a timely and courteous manner; delivers strong service and salesmanship on the phone order desk and front counter parts sales.
• Covers and/or assists warehouse person in shipping product to both local and out-of-town customers utilizing appropriate shipping methods.
• Supports the parts needs of the truck shop to meet work orders by looking up and billing parts to work orders; reviews work orders for accuracy of parts and modifies as needed.
• Picks stock for customers as required; receives and inputs stock using electronic systems.
• Produces accurate, timely and efficient documentation of all transactions within the parts team.
• Core Administration
• Participates in on-call rotation; supports other business activities as required.
• Customer Service experience
•Technical knowledge andasset
• previous experience in parts or/ service industry considered an asset
• Competent in common software programs (i.e., Microsoft Office)
• Mechanical aptitude an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills, computer skills and multi-tasking.
• High School Diploma
More than just a Competitive Salary
• 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits
• Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers such as Hitachi, 3M, and Detroit Diesel
• Discounts with the “Big 3” auto manufacturers equivalent to their internal employee pricing
You will be subject to pre-employment screening and skill testing as a condition of employment.
Wajax is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should accommodation be require