What You Will Do:
Nurse Manager (RN) -- Inpatient Psychiatric Unit
Day Shift, 24/7 accountability
UMMC-Midtown Campus is in search of a Nurse Manager (RN) for our Inpatient Psychiatric Unit.
** $7500 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE**
University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus cares for people of all ages who struggle with mental health issues — no matter where they are on their path to recovery. Quality care, safety, patient and family satisfaction and a humanistic approach to psychiatric services are the hallmarks of our philosophy of care.
Our inpatient and outpatient services include:
- Assessment - psychiatric, medical, functional skill and psychosocial
- Individualized Treatment Planning
- Medication Management and Education
- Behavioral Health Therapy- including group, individual and family therapy to help patients build memory, attention, and coping skills. Our inpatient and outpatient programs use a variety of therapies in both group and individual settings. They are designed to build memory and attention and teach coping skills.
The inpatient program at University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus works to meet the complex needs of adults who need support and supervision as they struggle with mental health. Our diverse team of psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and occupational and recreational therapists is dedicated to evidence-based, compassionate, and patient-centered care.
The Clinical Manager has 24-hour responsibility and accountability for the effective implementation of the philosophy, goals, policies, and procedures of the hospital and nursing department for a designated area. The clinical manager has authority to make decisions in the areas of patient care, human resources, and financial management which ensures that high quality care is provided to a group of patients. The clinical manager is responsible for annually meeting budgetary goals, performance goals, patient safety goals, and other goals set by the organization. The clinical manager is responsible for establishing successful employee and patient satisfaction levels, recognizing the contributions of the team and striving to improve system and processes through problem solving while utilizing involvement of other disciplines and services.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland.
Bachelors degree in Nursing or related field required.
Master's Degree in related field is preferred.
- (3)Three years recent experience in acute care facility with one year recent experience in clinical specialty, Psychiatry required.
- Minimum of one year Supervisory experience required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.