What You Will Do:
Full-Time - Rotating
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- Interprets and evaluates physicians’ prescriptions to provide prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals as needed for optimal and desired patient care according to professional standards and practices.
- Oversees pharmacy support personnel.
- Works with insurance companies/third party payers to resolve reimbursement and eligibility issues for patients.
- Orders pharmaceuticals, and conducts bi-annual inventory of stock.
- Assesses pharmacy performance as directed by Pharmacy management.
- Trains students and hospital staff as needed for school requirements for the pharmacy students, and certification and licensure requirements for the hospital pharmacy staff.
- Advises/consults with patients and families, medical and nursing staff.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from a college or university accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy is required. A doctor of pharmacy or clinical Master of Science degree and completion of a pharmacy practice residency is preferred.
- Current licensure by the Maryland State Board of Pharmacy is required. If licensure is pending reciprocation, it must be completed before the end of the probationary period.
- Two years experience in an integrated health care system, which includes an acute care hospital environment, or equivalent experience, is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.