What You Will Do:
Responsible for creating innovative and engaging solutions that support the needs of providers and teammates; align with company strategy and business objectives; and reinforce the UMMS Ambulatory Care mission and culture. Acts as full partner in assigned region to ensure all aspects of learning and development address performance gaps/needs. Works collaboratively across functions to identify and implement a wide variety of high-quality educational and growth activities, including instructor-led, on-line, small group content, and performance coaching that cover a wide range of topics such as new teammate onboarding, job skills development, patient experience/service behaviors, competency development, compliance, individual and leadership development, change management, and performance improvement. As assigned, may be responsible for acting as key subject matter expert in areas such as clinical skills development, talent management, leadership development, patient experience, or process/clinical performance improvement.
Learning and Training
- Collaborates with stakeholders to conduct robust needs assessment that define development priorities and learning/training solutions. Recommends appropriate buy, build, and/or redesign solutions.
- Serves as curriculum architect and designs innovative learning solutions that improve performance, drive business outcomes, and engage the modern learner. Identifies and leverages contributions of internal subject matter experts to develop content and increase speed to market. Provides a variety of learning and development offerings, including technical training, individual professional development and leadership/management development. Actively searches, creatively designs, and swiftly implements effective methods to educate, enhance care delivery, and recognize performance.
- Designs and builds delivery mechanisms such as instructor-led classroom, on demand, virtual classroom, performance support, and/or blended learning to maximize learning “stickiness.” Evaluates effectiveness and impact of both content and delivery.
- As assigned, participates in managing company-wide compliance training and LMS. Acts as lead LMS owner.
- Perform all duties while fulfilling the UMMS Ambulatory Care Patient Experience principles.
- Facilitates and communicates the concepts of patient and caregiver experience and service excellence, translating them into actionable repeatable behaviors firmly grounded in UMMS Ambulatory Care values and mission.
- Clearly imparts the full patient experience journey roadmap and consistently represents the voice of the patient (VOP), collaborating with senior leaders, managers, caregivers, and support staff to ensure an exceptional, satisfying, and engaged culture working together to deliver safe, high quality care with an exceptional experience.
- Works closely with caregivers and operations leaders, addressing patient feedback to continuously improve the patient experience.
- Coaches, counsels, teaches, and assesses leader, caregiver, and teammate competency to deliver standardized behaviors and practices to drive superior patient experience in every care interaction. Uses Patient Satisfaction feedback from a variety of sources to analyze and implement initiatives and actions to improve delivery of exceptional patient experience, including service recovery.
- Designs and implements innovative patient experience improvement initiatives to excite, engage, and reward caregivers and teammates to strive for 100% patient satisfaction.
- Participates in design, implementation, and delivery of periodic market, regional, and/or company-wide meetings and symposia designed to celebrate and improve our patient experience and culture.
- As assigned, leads and facilitates patient experience teams.
- As assigned, serves as patient satisfaction analytics and reporting lead. Participates in KPI and other relevant goal setting.
Talent and Organizational Development
- As assigned, collaborates with leaders across the enterprise to align and recommend talent strategies to increase the talent readiness and workforce capabilities for maximum alignment with strategic objectives. Leads deployment of regional and functional talent review and development activities, including ensuring execution of action plans identified through the reviews.
- As assigned, works closely with Human Resources to proactively assess, manage and mitigate workforce related risks such as skills shortages, generational challenges, and turnover as well as internal organization shifts/culture. Identifies root cause and executes based on business needs to assist in creating solutions to specific issues.
As assigned, manages the Teammate Engagement process, including survey administration, feedback, training, goal setting, and action planning. Ensures that process and actions align with company retention and engagement goals. Provides innovative tools and support to facilitate improvement and build