What You Will Do:
- The Staffing and Patient Flow Coordinator is responsible for performing scheduling and timekeeping activities for Medical Assistants, Radiology Techs and Providers as well as arranging and assisting with new hire orientation and scheduling for all UMMS Ambulatory Care locations. Responsible for managing schedules for all locations, ensuring daily staffing is adequate and deploy float pool and agency staff where needed.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Fairly allocates staff according to need of each location consistently and according to ChoiceOne staffing algorithms. Follows-up Operations Managers or CMO when unable to fulfill needs. Accurately prepares and checks daily schedules within scheduling system. Documents any call-outs or float pool activations within scheduling system. Maintains accurate contact information for all staff. Displays a commitment to excellence in quality of work; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude with co-workers, patients, families/significant others, medical staff, volunteers, and visitors. Maintains and uses material, supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner and contributes ideas for cost reductions or improved efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Develops, posts, and manages the schedules for all locations based on budgeted staffing ratios. Maintains the scheduling system with accurate employee, demographic, skill, and scheduling information. Main Point of contact for all locations and staff relating to any scheduling processes/concerns. Communicates continuously with the Operations Managers and CMO to ensure coordination of information and accurate scheduling. Reviews/Updates Payroll/Timekeeping daily for all ChoiceOne locations.
- Observes and monitors daily center volumes to alert Operations Mangers or CMO of potential activation needs.
- Provide additional administrative support to Operations Manager as time permits.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Associate's Degree preferred, but not required.
- 2 years’ experience staffing/scheduling in a healthcare environment required or equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.