What You Will Do:
**FLOAT Position: Dundalk, Belvedere, Rotunda, Phoenix**
Medical Assistants are responsible for providing patient centric care and medical assistance duties for UMMS Ambulatory Care patients.
- Greets and assists patients and other guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Registers arriving patients in the EMR following existing protocols.
- Rooms patients and provides triage services, including vital signs, review of symptoms and chief complaint in an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Accurately record patient information such as vital signs, review of systems and chief complaint in an electronic medical record (EMR)
- Perform routine lab maintenance and logs; perform routine maintenance on the autoclave, sterilization and packaging of surgical instrument kits.
- Assisting with procedures; phlebotomy/specimen send-outs; injections; assist with splinting/casting; EKG's; drug and alcohol testing / physicals; in-house lab testing: rapid strep, pregnancy testing, flu testing, glucose, etc.
- Proficient in full range of medical assisting skills, including the ability to start intravenous (IV) lines, draw blood and collect urine samples, reconstitute medications, administer oral medications, provide injections and immunizations, provide oxygen and nebulizer treatments, assist providers with medical procedures, perform minor procedures, collect specimens, perform rapid laboratory tests, perform EKGs, process and prepare blood samples for outside lab processing, and splinting and fitting patients for durable medical equipment.
- Functions as both, front office or back office clinical team member, depending on daily assignment.
- Performs all of the assigned duties of the host or clinical daily responsibilities check list for opening, shift and closing of center.
- Cleaning and staging of exam and procedure suites in between patient occupancy.
- Processes cash and credit payments for services.
- Performs regular and accurate inventory of medical supplies and processes orders. Re-stocks shelves and suites when supply orders are received.
- Performs administrative tasks such as composing of and responding to emails, answering and making phone calls, etc.
- Assist new associates in training as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Roving to all centers in your market required.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required
- Minimum 1-2 years’ related experience required
- Urgent Care / Fast Track ER experience preferred
- Ability to see, hear, and accurately read and write medical terminology
- Experience with labs, history and vitals, blood draws and IVs required
- Ability to work will under high pressure situations in a fast track environment
- Technology proficiency is critical, including previous EMR experience and knowledge of Microsoft software products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Prior experience with eCW preferred. Type 45 WPM.
- Ability to work 8 or 12 hour shifts, overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must have reliable, independent transportation in order to travel to various locations during any given shift.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.