Standard Job Description:
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Specific Job Description:
The SI has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineering professional to support our NGA Customer! If you have experience in ITIL processes, writing SLAs, and IV&V, we would love to hear from you!
Overall Assignment description:
As senior systems engineer, perform the following:
Support day-to-day engineering tasks as required in the development, generation, and technical vetting of program studies/trades/plans and/or documents.
Participate in the assessment of technical reviews, briefings, conferences, studies, trade analysis, monthly progress reviews, monthly business reviews, contract data deliverables, performance models/simulation trades supporting legacy system and future system performance analysis.
Provide leadership to assure “best engineering” practices are applied across ITEMS programs and projects.
Collect and apply “lessons learned” across supported ITEMS projects, as applicable.
Support and/or lead various technical meeting and boards, take and distribute minutes, as required.
Participate in internal and external forums and develop recommendations relating to ITEMS program direction and guidance.
Support and/or lead ad hoc studies and independent studies as required.
Maintain knowledge of current technology and provide advice to the program leads on technology advancements.
Provide expertise in the integration of multiple ITEMS contract activities.
Provide expertise in the management of risks (to include risk identification, quantification, and mitigation).
Provide expertise in the evaluation of IT service performance processes.
Provide expertise in the evaluation of IT service providers.
Provide expertise in the evaluation of IT service performance monitoring tools.
Review and evaluate proposals and Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and provide technical evaluation positions, as required.
Provide engineering review board and configuration management support including Request for Change (RFC) preparation, technical review, and coordination.
Assist program lead in monitoring and tracking program schedule, action items and discrepancy reports, create and maintain master schedules of projects.
Review NGA Enterprise and ITEMS requirements/ documents/ plans and other related items as appropriate, for consistency and compliance with the Enterprise documentation.
Prepare graphics, reports, engineering data and analysis in support of Government directed studies, reviews, conferences and briefings, as required.
Plan and conduct studies and analyses required to support/identify long-term management and/or technical issues, as required.
Provide direction / guidance to mid-level systems engineers supporting ITEMS efforts.
Evaluate and report on the performance of assigned mid-level systems engineers supporting ITEMS efforts.
• Experience with the current NGA organizational structure, Acquisition policies, and ITIL processes.
• Understanding of and experience with managed services approach to include the writing of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for IT services.
• Understanding of and experience with activities related to the Independent Verification and Validation of contractor performance.
• Bachelor’s degree systems engineering or related discipline
• People-management skills and experience
• Customer-service and goal oriented.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and work effectively with other contractors and government civilians.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
• Familiarity with NGA and mission partner data and architecture systems.
• Working knowledge of ISO 20000, Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT), and IT Service Capability Maturity Model (IT-CMM).
• Experience in implementing managed services approach in a multiple service provider environment.
• High degree of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Tool Suite.
• Advanced degree in systems engineering or related discipline.
• ITIL v.3 professional certification.
The SI Organization is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.