Provides security engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of Information Assurance and Information Security (InfoSec) Engineering. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle; validates system security requirements definition and analysis; establishes system security designs; implements security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures; verifies security requirements; performs system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities, and supports secure systems operations and maintenance.
The IA Engineer is responsible for all activities involving Cyber Engineering of a customer's application architecture. They determine the long term needs and acquisition requirements to accomplish operation objectives. They also develop and implement information security standards and procedures. These responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
- Implementation of higher-level security requirements such as those resulting from laws, regulations, or Presidential Directives.
- Integration of security design principles across disciplines and the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC).
- Research and discovery of information protection needs and document information protection policies.
- Identify the need for changes based on new security technologies or threats.
- Analyze change requests to the system for security posture impact;
- Development and implementation of long-range plans for IT security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities.
- Ensure that protection and detection capabilities are acquired or developed and are consistent with the IA domain architecture.
- Analyze IA policies.
- Interpret and/or recommend security requirements relative to the capabilities of new information technologies.
- This position requires IA certification (CISSP or Security+) within 6 months.
- Security Engineering experience.
- Degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics or similar technical discipline.
The SI Organization is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/D.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.