The Human Resources Generalist ( HR Manager) will be responsible for administering and managing the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department. This position will oversee the administration of HR policies, processes and procedures while performing a variety of activities in support of Tellabs Access established policies and guidelines. This position will support a mature technology company focused on designing telecom products and solutions in a high energy start up environment. We are in process of spinning off as our own company and there will be great opportunities to build/and or change some of the HR processes, procedures and tools from ground up.
The HR Generalist will administer the recruitment and retention plans, benefits and compensation, training and development, performance management, internal communications, recognition programs, employee relations and HRIS systems.
Key Responsibilities include:
Responsible for the Human Resources functions of Tellabs Access.
• Identify, implement and monitor effective recruitment plans that minimize time to fill especially for key positions. Supports hiring processes for a variety of levels from temporary staffing to management placement. Streamlines and enhances staffing systems, tracking, reporting and analysis.
• Assures that Equal Employment Opportunity policies and regulations are properly administered
• Assures compliance with all State and Federal employment regulations and develops affirmitive action plan if required based on overall location headcount
• Develops reporting process and HR metrics to quantify departmental efforts ie:turnover, time-to-fill, training, interdepartmental transfers, promotions, wage and benefits comparisons etc.
• Assists in classification studies by auditing and preparing new or modified job analysis and job descriptions
• Organizes, schedules and conducts new employee orientation and compliance training programs
• Supports positive and effective employee relations. Serves as communications liaison between HR and employees and management. Acts as an internal consultant for managers by advising them on the disciplinary/corrective coaching process.
• Develops recognition process. Plans and organizes employee focused meetings and events.
• Plans, designs and administrators the companies employee development and training programs for management and non-management employees. Conducts training classes, coordinates ongoing departmental training programs and develops new programs as needed
• Manages the HRIS system by being fully trained and becoming the subject matter expert in all functionality. Training new managers on their functionality and responsibility within the system.
• Responsible for developing and updating of announcements, policies, processes, forms etc. on the employee portal
• Contributes effectively to the motivation of employees by counseling with managers regarding human resources practices and interpreting policies.
• Manages and oversees the Workers Compensation claims process and reporting
• Manages and oversees the short and long term disability claims process and reporting
• Manages and oversees the unemployment claim and compensation reporting and processes
• Manages and administers the benefits programs to include, medical, dental, vision, disability, life, EAP, and voluntary coverage programs. Reconciles invoices and prepares check requests for payment to vendors. Prepares and sends out new hire benefit packages for newly qualified participants. Enroll participants in HRIS system and update employee information.
• Process benefit enrollments, terminations, changes, including COBRA.
• Oversee and administer annual open enrollment processes, employee meetings and update of plan information.
• Point of contact with 401(k) provider and local broker for loan issues, annual census data, audit and 5500, attend quarterly fiduciary meetings and provide information to 401(k) broker for employee information meetings. Assist in process and answer employee questions.
• Complete annual EEO reports
• Maintain and update vendor and employee benefit files
• Process all employee related events ie: new hires, termination, rate and status changes etc.
• Ensure completion of performance reviews by employees and managers
• Participate and encourage employee safety, welfare and wellness initiatives
• Organize and participate in various community outreach and support activities
• Manages departmental budget
• Ability to work non-traditional hours when needed
Bachelor’s degree preferred or a combination of education and related experience in Human Resources, organizational development, or related field. PHR or SPHR certification a plus. At least 5 years of work experience related to the Human Resources function.
Knowledge, skills & ability:
• Solid knowledge of Human Resources practices, principals and administration
• Employee relations experience in a non-union environment
• Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management and to effectively convey ideas in written, verbal and electronic forms.
• Ability to project a positive and professional demeanor
• Evaluate and prioritize a variety of tasks and assignments, ability to multi-task, manage interruptions, and handle stress in a fast paced, frequently changing environment
• Use of appropriate decision making and problem solving skills utilizing factual information, company policies, and personal judgment through experience.
• Strong organizational skills with emphasis on attention to details and continuous follow-up.
• Exceptional computer skills with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, utilization of the internet for research and information, job posting on various online sites as needed
• Ability to work and think independently taking initiative to accomplish required tasks
• Ability to professionally handle confidential information