SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a junior systems engineer to provide system engineering and technical advisory services to our customer. We develop and provide continuing support to systems that meet user needs and requirements. This position supports one of the systems by developing the architecture, documenting the requirements, reviewing the developer's design and implementation activities, monitoring testing and verification activities, and supporting operations.
- Act as the technical point of contact for many issues: work to track, manage, and resolve technical issues within the program and coordination among various stakeholders
- Develop operations concepts in support of establishing new capabilities, architectural trades to assess efficient implementation of new capabilities and develop requirements in support of new capabilities defined through the request for change (RFC) process
- Translate high-level program strategies into systems requirements and work with development contractors to ensure work is consistent with customer strategies
- Evaluate impacts on segments and overall program related to cost, schedule and performance based on potential program changes
- Customer liaison and be able to establish and maintain high level of customer intimacy
- Bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, math, or computer science
- At least three years (3+) of experience in systems engineering, systems integration or systems development experience
- Understanding of satellite communications systems
- Knowledge of system engineering processes. Full system lifecycle experience - interpretation of user requirements, allocation to segments within a system, requirements development, and documentation, risk management, verification and validation, etc.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter and self-motivator
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with customers at all levels
- Ability to assess architectural impacts of new capabilities or proposed changes and provide recommendation on path forward
- Ability to develop and formulate solutions for problems/issues
- Work collaboratively in a multi-contractor environment
- Experience with MS Office tools
- Knowledge of signal processing technologies
- Demonstrated project leadership skill and experience
- Experience managing system interfaces and end-to-end systems integration of new and existing capabilities
- Prior customer experience
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen. An active Top Secret/SCI security clearance and current CI polygraph is required.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.