SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a purchasing agent. The chosen candidate will evaluate current suppliers, establish relationships with existing and new suppliers, and negotiate pricing.
- Procure supplies and services through purchasing, rental and leasing by the use of simplified acquisition procedures
- Evaluate current suppliers and their capabilities
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing and new suppliers
- Negotiate pricing to reduce purchasing costs
- Identify alternate/backup sources for currently purchased parts, materials and services
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline with one (1+) or more years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge relating to commercial supply sources and common business practices including sales, prices, discounts, units of measurement, deliveries and shipments
- Perform work governed by corporate policy, the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), supplemental regulations, legal precedents, and government agency policies and procedures
- Make purchases involving specialized requirements, hard-to-locate sources, critical characteristics, and commercial requirements which have unstable price or product features
- Experience working with electronic components, sub-assemblies, assemblies and product specifications desired
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.