SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a junior level biologist for an office-based, non-laboratory position in the Syracuse NY, office. This scientist will review toxicological and ecotoxicological studies and contribute to the development of hazard assessments, risk assessments, and toxicology information system in our environmental health analysis business area. This is an office-based, non-laboratory position that will support various programs for the United States Environmental Protection Agency and related agencies. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and successful organization, continuing to build on SRC’s reputation as an important contributor in our nation’s efforts to respond to emergencies and to protect our people and environment.
- Extract and summarize information from scientific studies describing the effects of chemicals on human health and the environment
- Summarize scientific data in written reports
- Critically evaluate the reliability of scientific data
- Populate information systems with data related to the health and environmental effects of chemicals
- Interact closely with other SRC scientists and SRC's clients
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 0+ years of experience in biology, toxicology, biotechnology, or related discipline
- Toxicologically related work experience and/ or research projects (e.g., internship, class projects)
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, through both written and verbal communication, and work closely with others as part of a project team
- Advanced coursework or experience in one or more of the following fields is preferred: toxicology, mammalian physiology, ecotoxicology, biotechnology, genetic engineering, microbiology, and/ or pharmacokinetics
- Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and at least one writing sample. These files shall be uploaded to SRC’s website during the application process.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Must be a U.S. Citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a background verification and drug screen.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.