SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a computer support administrator to provide on-site support for our client in the San Antonio, Texas area.
- Provide technical support for a fast-paced, customer-service-oriented, highly diverse group
- Provide administration of client systems and services
- Perform new system builds and system upgrades
- Perform hardware/software installations, configurations and troubleshooting
- Provide employee training as needed
- Apply Windows operating systems diagnostic commands
- Review system logs and error messages to trouble-shoot and research solutions to system problems on local area network (LAN) servers and desktops when critical and non-critical applications and services stop or work incorrectly
- Associate degree and three or more years of related client administrator experience, bachelor’s degree preferred or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience • Strong customer service skills working in a fast-paced, team-based environment administering and supporting a diverse group of clients including Windows 7 and Windows 10 systems
- Experience with client solutions that involves system builds, backups, security patching, virus software, licensing, management and documentation of end user systems
- Client administration skills associated with operating systems, client software and hardware knowledge, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with a wide-array of software packages that includes installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with system administration, UNIX/Linux (Redhat/CentOS), and supporting virtual environments like VMware, Hyper-V and Virtual PC
- Experience with web applications such as WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss and Tomcat
- Experience with enterprise file sharing (NFS, SMB/CIFS) and SAN
- RedHat Certified System Administrator must be attained within 6 months of hire
- Applicant must have achieved a certification that qualifies for DOD 8570 IAT Level II prior to start
- Security+ is preferred
Security Clearance Requirements
An active Top Secret/SCI security clearance and current investigation are required. Applicant will be required to submit to a polygraph.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.