SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a system administrator – journeyman to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM Software Engineering Center Sensors and Mission Equipment Division (SMED) based in Aberdeen MD. Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services and subject matter expertise in Aerial Sensors, Terrestrial Sensors, and Aviation Mission Equipment systems. The candidate will support SMED systems.
- Apply knowledge of TCP/IP, information security/authorization profiles, or system administration of Unix or Windows networks/systems.
- Manage the servers, which typically involves installing and upgrading the servers, as well as solving any kind of problems with the systems.
- Must provide the essential software support for the laptops, desktop personal computers, and printers, including the configuration of the hardware devices, testing new software and designing the structure of the network.
- Monitor the system configuration, including the server event log.
- Test the operating system software, the networking software and also the computer hardware.
- Monitor and develop the procedures for backups of the servers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or other engineering or technical discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. Three additional years of relevant experience with appropriate certifications may be substituted for the degree
- User privilege: IAT-2
- Personnel security Stds: IT-II
- Position sensitivity designation: Noncritical-sensitive (ADP-II)
- Federal Investigative Stds: TIER 3
Security Clearance Requirement
An active TS/SCI clearance and current investigation are required.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.