SRC, Inc. is currently seeking an engineer to establish and lead a digital engineering team in our San Antonio, TX office. This team will be part of our electronic warfare (EW) and communications systems engineering group, which currently has offices in Syracuse, NY, and Chantilly, VA. This position is majority-technical, with some time devoted to building and leading a small, growing team. Because of the diverse nature of our work, we can accommodate team members with varying levels of experience and technical backgrounds.
- Build and lead a team of digital engineers to support our existing Electronic Warfare and Communications Systems business
- Collaborate with engineers and customers in San Antonio and in other locations
- Architect digital subsystems comprised of field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), microprocessors, high speed communication links, and high bandwidth memory interfaces
- Design firmware for FPGAs using VHDL
- Program micro controllers in C/C++
- Use scripting languages such as Perl and Python to automate tasks
- Designing and testing custom high-speed circuit boards
- Analyzing collected data in software tools such as MATLAB
- Participating in team-based environments for large systems
- Performing integration and test of new designs
- Providing engineering support for production programs
- Bachelor's of science degree in computer engineering or electrical engineering with six (6+) or more years of experience
- Experience with the implementation of digital signal processing algorithms is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 10 percent travel may be required
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.