SRC, Inc. is currently seeking electrical engineers graduating in May 2020 to design, develop and test leading-edge radar and communications systems. We are looking for engineers to join our high-performing teams and develop creative solutions to help solve difficult technical problems.
- Implement signal processing and data analysis algorithms (e.g. trackers, detectors) and graphical user interfaces (GUIs) in MATLAB and Python
- Reverse engineer UAS (or drone) radio-frequency (RF) communications using real-time spectrum analyzers
- Design system parameters and hardware settings necessary for our radars and software-defined radios to meet their performance requirements
- Evaluate performance of RF systems using anechoic chambers
- Travel to customer sites and government test ranges to perform field testing of electronic systems
- Analyze and characterize communication link and radar performance
- Validate software models on military grade hardware using equipment such as real-time spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, high speed oscilloscopes and network analyzers
- Working towards bachelor's degree in computer engineering or electrical engineering, graduating May 2020
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Students with degrees in mathematics or physics will be considered depending on academic and intern experience
- Comfortable learning new skills and technologies
- Able to use creative and analytical skills for problem solving
- Interested in signal processing, electromagnetics, digital design, electronics, radars, communications, or RF design
- Capable of working on teams across multiple disciplines to achieve common goals
- Proficient with data analysis tools (e.g. MATLAB, Octave, MathCAD, Simulink) plus show interest in optimizing challenging problems via scripting tools (e.g. Python, Perl)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex problems to both technical and non-technical teammates alike
- 10 percent travel may be required
Security Clearance Requirements Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.