SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a systems engineer to work out of their corporate headquarters office in Syracuse, NY. As a systems engineer, you will work to advance system development efforts for cutting edge electronic warfare (EW) simulation/Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) products. Your responsibilities will include supporting the development of advanced EW software applications in both factory and field environments. As a member of the systems engineering team, you would play an integral role in a small, yet flourishing team responsible for supporting the intelligence and defense communities.
Being an employee of SRC, you would be part of a company at the cutting edge of intelligence, defense, and environmental technology development with the design of cognitive big-data analytics, counterfire radars for troop protection, and environmental protection process and tool improvements. Most importantly, you would have the opportunity to explore engineering in a not-for-profit corporate environment that fosters creativity and encourages personal and professional growth while contributing to the environment and national defense.
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary engineering teams (systems, hardware, software, firmware, and mechanical) on product development
- Perform modeling and simulation of algorithm performance and effectiveness
- Analyze customer requirements and decompose into functional design
- Perform data analysis, support trade studies, and prepare design review material
- Support development of detailed engineering design artifacts
- Support system integration, both lab and field levels, to ensure requirements are met
- Research leading edge technologies/adjacent products to support development of product enhancements/new products
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, physics or related fields with three (3+) years of experience
- Experience with radar or EW concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, think independently, and overcome technical challenges
- Ability to clearly communicate abstract concepts to team members verbally and in writing
- Ability to work on multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Strong analytical and teamwork skills
- Knowledge and experience with model-based systems engineering (MBSE) concepts and tools (such as Artisan, Enterprise Architect, Rhapsody)
- Knowledge of configuration management and process standards
- Understanding of radar, antenna design/analysis, radar signal processing and radar requirements analysis
- Exposure to Agile software development concepts and tools (such as JIRA)
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.