The System Administrator, under general supervision, will be responsible design, configuration, implementation, maintenance, security and administration activities in an enterprise server infrastructure.
- Design, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade and audit the server infrastructure
- Maintain reliable, secure and robust operation of server environment including installation and updates of operating systems and software releases, system upgrades and backups.
- Administration of virtualized hosts and provisioning of virtual machines such as VMWare, Solaris Zones/LDOMs.
- Keep up to date on latest technologies and trends.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support as required
- Work one week-end a month
- Follows operational procedures to appropriately analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents
- Perform other duties as assigned, such as monitoring configuration, local/LDAP user management in Unix
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in information technology maintaining Windows servers, Linux RedHat, Oracle Solaris 10/11(know how to kickstart Linux, jumpstart Solaris is plus)
- Experience with VMware, AD, Sendmail, DNS, and Citrix a plus
- Experience with SAP SYBASE installation and configuration
- Knowledge on networking TCP/IP, VLAN, interface bonding
- Knowledge of Unix script such as csh, ksh
- Knowledge of driver installation on fly in Linux and Solaris
- Knowledge of Windows patching, Linux Redhat and Oracle Solaris 10/11
- 1st, London local time from 7:30am to 4:30pm BST
- 2nd, London local time from 2:00pm to 8pm BST
FIS’s Global Trading business is a leading provider of global execution, network, market data and trading software solutions that help institutions improve execution quality, increase market transparency, decrease overall costs and address today’s data and connectivity challenges.
FIS is a global leader in financial services technology, with a focus on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk & compliance, consulting and outsourcing solutions. Through the depth and breadth of our solutions portfolio, global capabilities and domain expertise, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 55,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing, financial software and banking solutions. Providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that empowers the financial world, FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
Learn more at www.fisglobal.com
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability