Responsible for the setup and operation of forming equipment in order to make routine bends, alignments and forms of the requisite materials such as metal sheets, plates, and structural shapes.
• Read and interpret specification manuals, blueprints, templates, and layouts for product specifications such as tooling instructions, tolerances, and dimensions. Translate instructions into actions.
• Set up, calibrate, operate and program forming equipment and fabricate complex and / or difficult parts and materials.
• Verify conformance of parts to stock list and blueprints using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges, and micrometers.
• Procure tools, equipment, and supplies to ensure work will meet required specifications. Inspect quality and accuracy of run work.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Verify alignment and tolerances of moving parts using measuring instruments. Test operation of assembly. Troubleshoot, debug, and modify parts or materials to achieve expected performance.
• Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
High school diploma or equivalent and two to five years’ experience operating a press brake.
• Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others using both verbal and written.
• Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Ability to pay attention to details of a project or task.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required
Certificates & Licenses
The ability to calculate dimensions and tolerances and prepare working sketches if necessary. Operators must understand the effects of metals and be skilled in the performance of various processes. The ability to use their hands skillfully and quickly and estimate and measure sizes and distances accurately. Have an understanding of sheet metal process of formed parts.