The Account Manager is responsible for maintaining and developing existing customers through high levels of service in order to expand and strengthen the relationship. The Account Manager is a member of the sales team and is responsible for customer planning and administration, monitoring, and optimizing the revenue potential and operational performance of their branch’s accounts.
The Account Manager maintains Shred-its policies, standards, and practices both within and outside their assigned territory and ensures adherence to Shred-it’s Vision, Mission and Values.
• Maintains and develop existing customers through appropriate and ethical methods in order to optimize the quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction and retention.
• Actively identifies opportunities to introduce additional services, thereby increasing the revenue opportunity within each customer’s business portfolio. .
• Proactively conducts outbound customer outreach calls weekly..
• Maintains a high profile presence in the market by conducting client care visits; turning a sales relationship into a long-term partnership. .
• Proactively conducts strategic account reviews with all assigned customers on a regular basis in order to review service needs and usage trends. .
• Formulates strategies to retain customers where revenue may be decreasing. .
• Handles and resolves all issues and concerns in a timely manner. .
• Completes standard weekly and quarterly reports along with any ad hoc reporting requests. .
• Participates in all sales and other training provided by Shred-it. .
• Participates in special projects and promotional campaigns under the direction of the District Sales Manager/Director of Sales. .
• Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to Shred-it operations, following the company’s policies and procedures at all times and bringing the manager's attention to any areas of concern.
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES
• Liaises with customers to understand their requirements with respect to products and services that the business currently offers or is planning to offer.
• Handles and responds to all customer problems and inquiries expediently and in the best interest of both the customer and Shred-it.
• Establishes personal relationships with current and potential customers in the assigned territory.
• Serve as a Helpful Expert in exceeding customer expectations on a regular basis.
• Partner with the Service Manager on retention, customer issues and concerns
• Debrief on any service issues with SM, Operations Manager, and CSRs, as required
- Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, or Management, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating a proven track record of sales for products in similar industry.
- Five or more years of sales experience, demonstrating the ability to manage multiple accounts, or the equivalent in related work experience.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.