Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!Duties and Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a Lead CDL Route Driver, also known as a Lead Customer Security Representative, who will be responsible for assisting the local transportation team in various duties related to the overall operation of the branch. This position serves as an example to others Drivers/CSRs and is considered a developmental role for future advancement.
This is a full-time, 1st shift position, and the work schedule will be a 4x10 schedule, 4 days each week between Monday and Friday, 10 hours each day. 3 days off each week! Qualified CDL A and CDL B Drivers will be considered.
- Assists Dispatch and Transportation Supervisors and Managers as it relates to Operations.
- Serves as the example to other Drivers/CSRs as it relates to work performance and representing Stericycle’s Core Values.
- Assists Drivers/CSRs with pre-route duties.
- Monitors routes to improve route efficiency.
- Reviews previous day’s routes looking for ways to improve and possible training opportunities for drivers to be brought to the attention of management.
- Conducts ride-alongs and route observations as well as trains new hires to result in outstanding performance.
- Reviews operations and staff and recommends changes in methods, procedures, structure and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
- Develops and maintains a 13 week training manual.
- Coaches employees on educational and job opportunities to enhance career development and keep them informed of current problems, changes and new developments in the department and the company by conducting team meetings.
- Assists with safety meetings, Stretch/Flex and AM Topic.
- Administers Company policies and procedures, communicates to staff, interprets and ensures compliance and safety.
- May be asked to conduct customer visits to review service; may need to perform routes in emergency situations.
- Participates in the maintenance of Driver Qualification Files, DOT Log Files and Vehicle Condition Reports for all Drivers/CSRs and equipment.
- Ensures DQF, DOT Logs and VCR are accurate and complete.
- Supports route vehicles, containers, load bars and straps, hand-trucks, PDTs and printers, and all other company equipment and assets.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Three or more years of customer service and route management experience required or applicable related experience.
- Completion of an accredited driving school, or one or more years of Commercial Driving experience required.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
- Maintains current required driver’s license (Class A or B where applicable), with an excellent driving record.
- Must be able to obtain a Medical Examiner’s Certificate from a doctor approved by Stericycle.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
- Must have the flexibility to change daily job duties with little or no notice.
- Ability to travel to other districts with little or no notice.
- Ability to read a map.
- Good computer skills and internet savvy.
- Customer focused, good work ethic, strong values, excellent interpersonal skills, trustworthy, and possesses management skills and the ability to prioritize and organize.
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.