Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!We are currently seeking a Route Manager/Driver who will be responsible for servicing assigned LQ (Large Quantity) and SQ (Small Quantity) accounts in the most professional way, ensuring that customers’ needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickup and supply delivery. The Route Manager will provide the highest level of customer service possible at all times.
The work schedule is full-time, 1st shift with a 5am or 6am start time on a 4x10 schedule with 3 days off each week (1 day off each weekday and weekends off). Qualified Non CDL licensed drivers will be considered.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner.
- Picks up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Manager or Dispatcher.
- May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the day ensuring enough supplies are added.
- Picks up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting.
- May also transport waste from either a Stericycle location or customer location, to a transfer location or processing location.
- Provides the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to, re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
- Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
- Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Manager or Dispatcher for processing. Ensures
- DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
- Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Manager and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pick-ups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc.
- Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Reports any issues with accounts to Transportation Manager and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Dispatcher for follow-up.
- High school graduation or equivalency is required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read a map, interact professionally with various levels of internal/external customers, and portray a strong professional appearance and attitude at all times and in all situations.
- Two or more years of customer service experience required.
- Previous route management experience is a plus.
- Completion of an accredited driving school, or one or more years of Commercial Driving experience required.
- Maintains current required drivers license, with an excellent driving record.
- Demonstrates the ability to read a map.
- Demonstrates good computer skills including internet navigation knowledge.
- Maintains current Medical Examiner’s Certification (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
- Must be able to exert up to 150 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 60 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, push or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.