Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!
We are in need of a Route Manager/Driver who will be responsible for servicing assigned LQ (Large Quantity) and SQ (Small Quantity) accounts in the most professional way, ensuring that customers’ needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickup and supply delivery. The Route Manager will provide the highest level of customer service possible at all times.
This is a full-time, 1st shift position, and the work schedule will be Monday-Friday, 4am-12:30pm. Non CDL Class C or CDL B or CDL A licensed drivers will be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner.
- Picks up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Manager or Dispatcher.
- May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the day ensuring enough supplies are added.
- Picks up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting.
- May also transport waste from either a Stericycle location or customer location, to a transfer location or processing location.
- Provides the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to, re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
- Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
- Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Manager or Dispatcher for processing. Ensures
- DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
- Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Manager and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pick-ups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc.
- Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Reports any issues with accounts to Transportation Manager and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Dispatcher for follow-up.