At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, synergy, commitment, and partnership. We are committed to an environment where people can grow and develop and where innovative ideas and new approaches are valued.
Service Supervisors are an integral component of the Stericycle Sharps Management Service and will be rewarded for their hard work with an affordable, comprehensive and competitive benefits package designed to help team members and their families maintain a healthy life/work balance. We offer medical insurance within 60 days of hire, vision coverage, dental insurance, 401(k) Plan and Trust, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, tuition reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Your Protection, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Healthcare Flexible Spending Account, PTO/paid vacation time, paid holidays, personal days, sick days and paid funeral leave.
This position will supervise 10 direct reports in the Washington, DC area.
Under direction, oversees all activities of the Service Specialists. Manages the time schedules and collection efficiency of the On Site Service Specialists.
Key Job Activities:
- Selects, trains, manages and develops an effective and efficient Services staff. Manages the time schedules and collection efficiency of the On-Site Service Technicians, ensuring the appropriate number of staff to support services needed.
- Provides site supervision of On-Site Service Technicians at multiple locations.
- Coordinates delivery and pick-up with MAE, outside vendors, and others as required. Oversees the scheduling, dispatching, training, and evaluation of On-Site Service Technicians, as assigned.
- Travels within assigned area to visit client sites to proactively & professionally resolve customer service questions, problems, and issues.
- Travels between customer facilities providing on-site placement and collection of waste containers for various Stericycle programs and services including, but not limited to Sharps, Rx, Haz, and Document Management through a healthcare facility, as required or requested. May oversee outside vendor services as well.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Education and Experience Required:
- Education equivalent to an Associate Degree, or the equivalent in related work experience, including three or more years of supervisory experience, preferably in a hospital setting.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and tact in providing superior service in a variety of settings and situations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies, practices, trends, and information affecting collection systems business.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, or basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.