Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Be our newest team member!
We are currently seeking an Environmental Specialist II to be responsible for the identification, removal, packaging, transportation, and disposing of various hazardous materials in compliance with proper procedures for hazardous and non-hazardous waste handling and management. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations. Labeling of containers, and completion of pre-printed manifests and workorders. Schedules shipments into or offsite.
• Performs warehouse work related to receipt, shipment, storage, distribution, or delivery of waste materials. Loads, unloads, moves, or stores items according to delivery or routing documents, or supervisor instructions and performing general housekeeping duties.
• Operates a hand truck, forklift, or other heavy equipment.
• Classify, segregate, and inventory waste containers in storage for shipment. Conducts lab pack operations. Pack small laboratory containers of chemical waste into larger containers for shipment.
• Performs various regulatory compliance and safety tasks including, but not limited to: Pre-trip inspections of vehicle, Reporting all losses, spills, accidents, and safety violations, and resolving over packing of leaking containers/containers in non-DOT shippable condition.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• Education equivalent College Degree in Environmental Science, Biology, or other related field preferred or the equivalent in related work experience including two or more years of experience, preferably in the waste management industry, demonstrating sound knowledge in working with chemicals/chemical lab packing.
• Demonstrates strong working knowledge of Environmental/Regulatory/DOT rules and regulations.
• Maintain high-end relationships with client(s) with positive, professional leadership skills a must.
• Demonstrates the ability to read a map.
• May require forklift driver certification and six or more months of relevant experience.
• Demonstrates the ability to manage account(s) on a daily basis, as assigned.
• Completion of an accredited driving school, or previous Commercial Driving experience may be required if responsible for transporting waste. Previous route management experience a plus. Required to maintain current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), with an excellent driving record.
• May be required to possess CDL HAZMAT Endorsement if responsible for transporting waste. May be obtained post employment during probationary period.
• Demonstrates excellent knowledge of various computer software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Maintains a current Medical Examiner’s Certificate (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle.
• Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements