Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!We are seeking a Lead Plant Worker who will ensure all waste is unloaded from vehicles, the vehicles are decontaminated, and waste is properly staged for scanning and processing. The individual will perform the duties in a safe and productive manner and will provide work direction and advice to lower level Plant Workers on a regular basis and train and supervise others.
This is a full-time, 2nd shift position with excellent benefits, and the work schedule is 1pm-9:30pm. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unload waste from incoming vehicles. Separate non-autoclavable waste to be incinerated.
- Stage waste on conveyor system or properly stack waste for scanning in the Biotrack system.
- Scan waste into the Biotrack system for proper recordkeeping purposes.
- Load autoclave bins or incinerator hopper with waste for processing.
- Place reusable containers on tub wash line for decontamination.
- Operate tub wash unit, ensuring the wash unit is operating properly.
- Remove clean tubs from wash unit, inspects tubs and stacks for loading onto assigned vehicle for reuse.
- Operate tub wash sprayer for oversized reusable tubs ensuring the unit is operating properly.
- Inspect tubs and stack for loading onto assigned vehicle for reuse.
- Decontaminate vehicles cargo-carrying portion, reload assigned reusable tubs and ensure cargo-carrying portion of vehicle does not have free liquid on the floor. Inform plant supervisor the vehicle is ready to be moved from dock area.
- Ensure housekeeping issues, e.g., spills cleaned up, floor is dry, and debris not on floor, are addressed immediately.
- Assist in other areas of plant operations as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Two or more years of related experience or training or combination of experience and training, demonstrating strong communication skills and tact.
- Demonstrates the ability to train and supervise others and provide work direction to lower level staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of barcode scanning and basic computer skills. Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift. *LI
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.