Under general direction, this position will be repsonsible for assisting with the RtR process in timely and accurate month-end execution of the Financial Statement Closing Process (FSCP) which includes the monthly closing and reporting of the books and records, related account reconciliations, cost accruals, analysis of financial statement variances to forecast and budget and general compliance with US GAAP and Stericycle Accounting Policies (SAPs). This position will be responsible for RTR process related to all of C&RS locations nationally.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with the compilation of all critical inputs into the RtR process from each of the locations assigned to this position ensuring that all information provided by the entity (IPE) has adequately designed source data, parameters and report logic controls and that those controls are effectively operating.
- Maintains all account reconciliations assigned to him/her. Tracks the status of open reconciling items and follows up with them in an engaging and collaborative manner with cross-functional involvement making sure they are resolved in the time prescribed by the SAPs.
- Ascertains that all FSCP standard work assigned to him/her is capable, executed as planned, and notes any opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Prepares and maintains management reporting utilizing the BI 360 web-based client interface.
- Assists in the coordination effort of compiling the quarterly disclosure schedules due to corporate in support of the monthly submission of results for consolidation as well as quarterly and annual filings. Ensures that all IPE has source, parameters and report logic controls that are adequately designed and effectively operating. May also be responsible for coordinating and compiling certain aspects of the information provided to external auditors.
- Consulting as needed, acts as main point of contact for each location leadership to provide finance and accouting support. May prepare ad-hoc analyses and financial information as needed. Assists with preparation of CapEx requests.
- Ensures the adherance with all applicable US GAAP guidance and internal Stericycle Accounting Policies (SAP) and related control standards.
- Identifies and remediates internal control deficiencies in the areas/processes assigned.
- Prepares and posts monthly journal entries with adequate support. Performs analyses on accounts assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting, demonstrating a good understanding of GAAP, Audit processes (internal / external) month-end closing process, general ledger accounts, and financial statement formats
- At least 1 year of public accounting experience in audit or at least 2 years experience in general accounting.
- Prior SAP experience.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies (Lean/Six Sigma) in a practical work setting
- Prior experience designing IPE controls and MRC activities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.