The main goal of the Director, Marketing is to guide, manage and lead a team of Marketing professionals in the pursuit of organizational objectives. Responsibilities include:
- Hiring, guiding and coaching a team of marketing professionals in pursuit of organizational goals in the team’s target market segment(s)
- Implementing the optimum structure, processes and work environment for a high performing team
- Setting the priorities for the marketing team based on input from stakeholders, business goals and team capacity/skills. Adjusting those priorities based on internal and market forces. Ensuring those priorities are met.
- Developing the overall go-to-market strategy, executing that strategy, measuring progress and providing updates to stakeholders
- Identifying, tracking, reporting on and continually improving the effectiveness of all marketing programs
- Acting as primary liaison with non-marketing departments including (but not limited to): sales, operations, management, client services, HR, IT and product development
- Managing expectations and coordinating activities within the team and with external stakeholders
- Managing marketing budget and spend based on the annual strategic plan and overall departmental budget
- Ensuring corporate brand and operational guidelines are adhered to
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Economics or other related field or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Seven or more years of marketing management experience. Demonstrates strong leadership in marketing, digital marketing, sales, and business.
- Comfort in presenting to C-Suite, Executive level managerial staff, and groups of people.
- Five or more years of profit center management responsibility, including hands-on experience building/maintaining a budget. Price management, tactical plan development, and metrics monitoring, profitability and gross margin analysis skills are required.
- Five or more years launching new products or services in a B2B environment
- Demonstrates knowledge of marketing principles relative to product development, product introduction and channel/distribution management.
- Five or more years hiring, growing, nurturing, guiding and managing a team of high-performing individuals in a professional environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong analytical skills. Experience navigating within a CRM system beneficial.
- Regulatory experience with FDA, CPSC, NHTSA would be considered an added benefit.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.