The Instructional Designer is responsible for providing learners the content to acquire knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner by applying tested instructional design theories, practice and methods for Communication and Related Services Business Unit. The delivery methods will include multiple learning platforms (instructor-led, virtual and on-line learning) to enable the creation and execution of engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and the transfer of knowledge to learners.
Executes the steps of Instructional Systems Design (ISD) process from Analysis and Design, through Development to Evaluation
Researches current developments in the learning trends including instructional design methodology, e-learning development techniques, simulation trends, adult learning methodology, and related topics
Follows prescribed training content development standards set by Training Department to include template designs, storyboarding, review cycles, etc.
Evaluate learning by determining effectiveness of the training to specific applications and provides recommendations for improvement
Utilizes the principles of the quality improvement process to focus on opportunities for improvement of course materials and delivery of content to learners.
Collaborates with customers, SME’s, and management to develop strategies for learning experiences based on collaborative goals
Ability to deliver training courses as instructor-led, online or virtual deliveries and maintains outstanding delivery satisfaction scores to drive program success
Using the LMS to create, record and report on training programs and work activity, which reflects attainment or progress toward goals
Seeks educational opportunity, self-directed learning, and/or membership in professional organizations
• Education equivalent to a Bachelors or Associates degree
• Instructional Design Certificate preferred
• Classroom/Virtual/On-Line training experience required
• Demonstrates the ability to explain challenging concepts, posesses excellent presentation and classroom management skills
• Demonstrates superior customer service skills and knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement practices
• Ability to communicate Core Values through educational documents and courses
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Proficiency in authoring toolsets such as Articulate, Captivate, graphics software such as Adobe Photoshop and screencapture tools such as Snag-It
• Experience with Learning Management System (LMS)
• When required, must have the ability to work a flexible work schedule (including nights, weekends and holidays) as well as potential travel
• Fluency, both written and speech, in Spanish and/or French could be a requirement based client training need for specific call center locations.