Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!This is a full-time, 1st shift position, Monday-Friday. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a Plant Worker to ensure all waste is unloaded from vehicles, the vehicles are decontaminated, and the waste is properly staged for scanning and processing. The individual will perform the duties in a safe and productive manner.
- Unload waste from incoming vehicles.
- Separate non-autoclavable waste to be incinerated.
- Stage waste on conveyor system or properly stack waste for scanning in the Biotrack system.
- Scan waste into the Biotrack system for proper recordkeeping purposes.
- Load autoclave bins or incinerator hopper with waste for processing.
- Place reusable containers on tub wash line for decontamination.
- Operate tub wash unit ensuring the wash unit is operating properly.
- Remove clean tubs from wash unit, inspect tubs and stack for loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use.
- Operate tub wash sprayer for oversized reusable tubs ensuring the unit is operating properly.
- Inspect tubs and stack for loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use.
- Decontaminate vehicle's cargo-carrying portion, reload assigned reusable tubs and ensure cargo-carrying portion of vehicle does not have free liquid on the floor.
- Inform plant supervisor the vehicle is ready to be moved from dock area.
- Ensure housekeeping issues are addressed immediately, for example: spills cleaned up, floor is dry, no debris on floor, etc.
- Assist in other areas of the plant operation as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One year related experience or training or combination of experience and training, demonstrating strong communication skills and tact.
- Position requires extensive lifting, walking, bending, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds and push and/or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds.
- Demonstrates knowledge of barcode scanning and basic computer skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.