We are currently seeking a Transportation Routing Coordinator to be responsible for utilizing dynamic routing tools to develop route plans and daily maintenance of routing data. Routing plans should align to True North (Customer 1st, Growth and Productivity, Employee Development, and Safety). The Transportation Routing Coordinator supports the Transportation Routing Planner to drive productivity and efficiency within a region. Works closely with Transportation Supervisors and local dispatchers on route execution and enhancements to future route plans. Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Customer 1st:
• Maintains CUSTOMER 1ST CULTURE throughout entire Transportation Department.
• Ensures service team provides highest standard of customer service and positively impacting customer service through efficient routing.
• Works proactively with transportation Team Members, as well as all other functional operations (Plant, Sharps Management, Specialty Waste, etc.) to meet all customers’ expectations. Company Growth:
• Maintains optimum utilization of resources including, but not limited to, methods, procedures, structure, equipment, and personnel.
• Monitors route and work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends changes to continually improve productivity and routing efficiency. Works closely with Routing Planner on implementation of recommended changes.
• Communicate driver performance compared to goal on a regular basis.
• Ensure accurate data for new customers. Review post route performance and make adjustments to service time, time windows, and geo-codes. Team Member Development:
• Communicates performance standards and objectives;
• Monitors operations and work of all route Team Members.
• Keeps staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting professional, organized, and participative meetings. Compliance:
• Ensures compliance with all Federal, State, Local regulations and Company policies and procedures, communicates issues and updates to Transportation Team.
• Monitors and ensures that Team Members are performing their functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations to prevent accidents or Hours of Service issues.
•Bachelor’s degree preferred, or the equivalent in related work experience.
•BS in a Transportation or Logistics related field a plus.
•Three or more years of progressive waste or equivalent industry experience in a routing capacity.
•Demonstrates the ability to manage people in a transportation environment.
•Demonstrates the ability to provide safe and regulatory compliant work conditions for all Team Members.
•Demonstrates knowledge and the ability to stay abreast of applicable regulations and codes, as they apply to the waste industry and those specific to area of responsibility.
•Demonstrates sound knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
•Must be able to input, monitor and manipulate data within these applications.
•Must have routing capability and/or direct past experience.
•Past experience utilizing Roadnet Logistics Suite or equivalent routing software preferred.