The 2nd Shift Lead is responsible for receiving, segregating and loading waste paper into a paper shredder as well as various traditional warehouse support duties. The Lead is a member of the local operations team who coordinates the parking of all trucks in preparation for the next day. The Lead must be a team player and contribute to a safe and harmonious work environment as a leader and an expert in their field.
• Unloads shredded paper, media, and product from Shred-it’s trucks at the assigned branch nightly.
• Operates and maintains all machinery at the branch.
• Ensures all paper bales are staged or loaded for shipment as required.
• Performs shredding operations in support of Shred-it’s off-site shredding program.
• Safeguards plant hardware and equipment by locking and activating security systems.
• Operates forklifts and performs preventative maintenance on forklifts as required.
• Maintains a clean and safe working area according to Shred-It and NAID standards.
• Ensures that truck shredding compartments and cabs are cleaned nightly in accordance with company guidelines.
• Performs weekly, monthly and yearly preventative maintenance on all equipment.
• Maintains supplies for plant operations.
• Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to Shred-it operations, following the company’s policies and procedures at all times and bringing the manager's attention to any areas of concern.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred.
• Basic knowledge of forklift truck driving and maintenance.
• Six (6) months as a certified forklift driver preferred.
• Class B commercial driver’s license is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.