Under immediate supervision, the Dispatcher schedules and dispatches service vehicles on a pre-set route for conveyance of materials at various customer locations. The role ensures accuracy of order information and coordinates completion of services applying highest standards of customer service. It provides information and support to the Environmental Specialists. The Dispatcher also monitors compliance with company policies and federal and state regulations. The job interfaces frequently with clients, peers, and managers.
Key Job Activities:
• Dispatch service vehicles to appropriate locations, according to customer requests, specifications, or needs.
• Handle daily routes for the MAI group. Monitor truck locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules. Update routes to include new customers, reroute scheduled visits, and dispatch drivers for extra or missed pick-ups, based on daily communication.
• Communicate with customers within assigned territories to obtain or relay work order and schedule details. Inform Client Services team when complex type of issues needs be escalated.
• Confer with customers to address questions and problems. Troubleshoot and resolve potential problems within pre-scribe guidelines.
• Perform order quality control – preview orders to ensure all required data is available, identify missing information.
• Resolve, report, and escalate, as appropriate, issues, accidents or injuries, safety concerns, vehicle condition concerns, concerns about customer site.
• Utilize the CRM system to initiate unresolved customer and team member cases - assess priority and identify appropriate support team member.
• Conduct daily driver debrief on schedules and reschedules, traffic, or weather conditions using a standard operating procedures (SOPs) - review assignment completion, confirm completion and submission of required forms and docu-mentation, review next workday’s scheduled work and routes.
• Complete consolidated manifests for trailer shipments.
• Enter 3rd Party Hauler order and paperwork upon approval by the Transportation Supervisor/Manager.
• Review Drivers’ data submitted via an electronic logbook to ensure compliance with DOT regulations for hours of service and other compliance requirements, verify information and notify Transportation Supervisor or Manager of any violations.
• Compile Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) for company vehicles. Coordinate preventative vehicle maintenance of company and leased vehicles.
• Prepare and forward Vehicle Condition Report (VCR) to Transportation Supervisor/Manager for truck maintenance requests. • Keep track of vehicle inventory based on repairs and maintenance needed.
• Assist drivers with handheld/printer use. Ensure handheld entry back-up to mobile hub. Resolve/escalate issues related to handhelds/mobile hub.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• High School Degree or GED equivalent; some college preferred.
• 1+ years of industry related experience in lab packing, segregating pharmaceutical waste, chemical service specialist or driver, or the equivalent in related work experience.
• 2+ years of Transportation/Logistic experience preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of DEA Guidelines for classifying controlled substances. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services, including meeting quality standards for services.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for moving controlled substances preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skill.
• Strong attention to detail skill.
• Skills to use or ability to quickly learn programs and systems required for the job (Salesforce CRM, JJ Keller)
• Intermediate skill in using Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to operate communication equipment
• Ability to listen attentively and convey information clearly, concisely, and effectively both orally and in writing to individuals with varying technical and industry knowledge,
• Ability to effectively assess information shared by clients and peers and use judgement to identify and timely communicate issues, and adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to maintain composer and deal calmly and effectively with challenging situations.
• Ability to collaborate and work well in a team environment to achieve shared goals.
• Ability to interact with a variety of constituents and with culturally diverse population.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.