We are currently seeking a Plant Worker to ensure all waste is unloaded from vehicles, the vehicles are decontaminated, and the waste is properly staged for scanning and processing. The individual will perform the duties in a safe and productive manner.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits, paid holidays and paid vacations. The work hours are 4am - 13:30pm, 4 weekdays and 1 weekend day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unload waste from incoming vehicles. Separate non-autoclavable waste to be incinerated.
- Stage waste on conveyor system or properly stack waste for scanning in the Biotrack system.
- Scan waste into the Biotrack system for proper recordkeeping purposes.
- Load autoclave bins or incinerator hopper with waste for processing.
- Place re-usable containers on tub wash line for decontamination.
- Operate tub wash unit insuring the wash unit is operating properly. Remove clean tubs from wash unit, inspect tubs and stacks for loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use.
- Operate tub wash sprayer for oversized reusable tubs insuring the unit is operating properly. Inspect tubs and stacks for loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use.
- Decontaminate vehicles cargo-carrying portion, reload assigned re-usable tubs and insures cargo-carrying portion of vehicle does not have free liquid on the floor. Inform plant supervisor the vehicle is ready to be moved from dock area.
- Insure housekeeping issues, e.g., spills cleaned up, floor is dry, and debris not on floor, etc., are addressed immediately.
- Assist in other areas of the plant operation as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). One year related experience or training or combination of experience and training, demonstrating strong communication skills and tact.
- Position requires extensive lifting, walking, bending, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds and push and/or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds.
- Demonstrates knowledge of barcode scanning and basic computer skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.