Analyze and administer compensation plans and programs such as job evaluations, market pricing analyses, salary survey participation, merit increase cycles, salary structure maintenance and annual incentive processes. Ensure that compensation plans and programs support the organization's strategic objectives and meet all legal requirements.
Key Job Activities
Complete job documentation and conduct job evaluations. Maintain job documentation library ensuring the up-to-date descriptions are on file. Determine and recommend appropriate title, level, and bonus target, in accordance with company guidelines.
Analyze and conduct market analyses, benchmark jobs to external survey data, assess internal equity and communicate findings and recommendations to managers and human resource business partners.
Lead and administer merit review cycles, which includes but is not limited to communicating roll-outs, creating merit worksheets, obtaining recommendations and approvals, generating letters for employees, and working with HRIS and payroll teams to process payment of salary increases and ensure accurate record-keeping of performance review results.
Identify and participate in salary surveys. Monitor best practices and trends as it related to compensation programs. Utilize market pricing software when preparing analyses.
Assist in the administration of the Annual Incentive Plan, which includes but is not limited to preparing plan documentation, summaries, and statements, as well as creating models and forecasts and calculating quarterly accruals and annual payouts. Partner with the management and finance teams to verify plan metrics and target achievement levels.
Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing compensation. Research and monitor FLSA compliance. Communicate risks and impact to management and human resource generalists as necessary. Ensure the accurate coding of all positions in the HRIS system in relation to EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) and Affirmation Action reporting requirements.
Assist in the development and implementation of new compensation plans, processes and
Work closely with HRIS as it relates to compensation aspects of the system. Support and participate in all system enhancements and on-going maintenance activities.
Education and Experience required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, finance, business administration or related field.
- Preferred certified compensation professional with a designated CCP.
- Three to five years of compensation experience required.
- Preferred systems experience in SAP and market pricing tools.
Key Competencies (Non-technical Behavioral Skills, i.e. presentation, negotiation, customer service skills), you may just list the most important 7-10, in priority order:
- Knowledge - strong working knowledge of compensation programs. Must demonstrate sound knowledge of job evaluations, market analysis, bonus and other pay programs, and state and local laws/regulations.
- Analytical - strong analytical skills; demonstrates the ability to perform routine to moderately complex compensation-related analysis and make recommendations in support of analysis.
- Ability to learn and understand Company organizational structures quickly and adapt to changing environments. Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Advanced proficiency using MS Office Suites (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access). Must be able to perform complex functions within Excel in order to manipulate and calculate data for analysis.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present complex concepts and technical issues.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.