Responsible for the identification, removal, packaging, transportation, and disposing of various hazardous materials in compliance with proper procedures for hazardous and non-hazardous waste handling and management.
- Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations. Label containers and comple pre-printed manifests / workorders. Schedule shipments into or off site.
- Performs warehouse work related to receipt, shipment, storage, distribution, or delivery of waste materials. Loads, unloads, moves, or stores items according to delivery or routing documents, or supervisor instructions and performing general housekeeping duties.
- Operates a hand truck, forklift, or other heavy equipment.
- Classify, segregate, and inventory waste containers in storage for shipment. Conducts lab pack operations. Pack small laboratory containers of chemical waste into larger containers for shipment.
- Performs various regulatory compliance and safety tasks including, but not limited to:
- Pre-trip inspections of vehicle
- Report all losses, spills, accidents, and safety violations to supervisor immediately.
- Resolve leaking containers/containers in non-DOT shippable condition.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and understand customer needs; takes appropriate actions to ensure customer needs are met and proactively searches of ways to increase customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage own time, activities, and resources. Identify specific activities required to accomplish objectives, rank them in order of importance, and coordinate and take action to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
- Demonstrates the ability to create and maintain a high level of professionalism, confidence and accountability with customer
- Demonstrates the highest level of Company ethics and values at all times.
- Demonstrates Process Management Skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to promote Company services and values in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- Demonstrates the ability to persist with a specific course of action. Must be willing to commit the necessary time and effort to complete work assignments and do a quality job.
- Education equivalent to a high school diploma required; relevant industry or college experience is preferred.
- CDL Class A or B required as well as tanker endorsement with VacTruck experience.
- CDL HAZMaterials endorsement is also required for transporting waste. TWIC endorsement may be required based on location.
- Two or more years of experience with a straight truck or combo vehicle required as well as with roll-off bins / boxes.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of Environmental/Regulatory/DOT rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to read a map.
- May require forklift driver certification and six or more months of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of various computer software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Maintains a current Medical Examiner’s Certificate (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.