Under general direction, this Cost Accounting Manager provides leadership support to field and other departments on cost accounting related activities on products and services across Stericycle. Provides timely and accurate service/product costing planning and profitability reporting to management and promotes change through adoption, standardization and implementation of new methodologies, pro-cesses and systems.
Key Position Activities:
1. Lead and coordinate end-to-end design of Standard Cost, Allocations (direct and indirect) and profitability reporting processes including strategy, planning approach, integration design and pro-cess implementation
2. Develops enterprise wide cost accounting corporate policies and tools
3. Recommends and drives ongoing process improvements
4. Create costing definitions for the future state enterprise structures
5. Prepare materials for working sessions with key stakeholders to review costing allocations and methodology discussions
6. Partner with program process leadership to align on Business Process Design and Key Data Ele-ments within Costing, Allocations and Service/Product material profitability space
7. Provides oversight, ownership, and sign off authority of project deliverables and drives project issues, tasks, and deliverables towards a resolution
8. Refine roles and responsibilities for global costing leads based upon proposed future state governance process
9. Work with PMO/project team to provide status to track progress on data related activities on costing, allocations and profitability reporting< br> 10. Promotes change management through standardization and implementation of new methodology , processes and systems
11. Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as need
12. Validates data mapping rules for material master profit center, cost center, gl. account and standard costing set up as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
A minimum of 5 years of Cost Accounting experience in a Service driven company.
· Demonstrated strong General accounting and costing methodology background including excellent analytical and communication skills;
· Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook, Word and power point
· Experience with S/4-SAP strongly preferred
· Experience working with operations personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
· Experience on ERP implementations strongly preferred
· Experience with planning and forecasting preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.