We are currently seeking an Environmental Specialist to be responsible for providing efficient general labor support for the hazardous waste business either in a Stericycle facility or hazardous waste job site. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Clean and fuel heavy equipment.
• Clean job site/facility.
• Perform inspections of containers on site and storage area.
• Load and unload material/drums using mechanical means (forklift, etc.)
• Label, mark, inventory, and pack containers for sampling/shipment.
• Organize and ready PPE, safety equipment, and operations supplies.
• Report all losses, spills, accidents, and safety violations to supervisor/responsible party immediately upon discovery.
• Perform other related duties as required or requested.
Education & Experience:
• Education equivalent to High School diploma or the equivalent in related work experience.
• One or more years of general labor/plant/warehouse experience, or equivalent in related work experience.
• Demonstrates the ability to observe safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. one year of experience as a general laborer.
• May require forklift driver certification and six or more months of relevant experience. May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.