The Contact Center Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations and efficiency of Contact Center teams. The primary function is to ensure that inbound and outbound calls are being processed effectively and that client expectations are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Makes every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop qualified, diverse workforce.
• Communicates performance standards and objectives; conducts performance appraisals. Conducts one-on-one meetings with staff to discuss performance issues (e.g. attendance, attitude, work performance) and develop corrective action plans, as needed.
• Recommends salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
• Develop team members through coaching and development opportunities, which will enhance their career development, and keeps staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting periodic meetings.
• Administers all Department and Company policies and procedures, communicates to staff, interprets, as necessary, and ensures compliance and safety.
• Monitors team productivity, reports on trends, and recommends and implements changes to continually improve work productivity and efficiency.
• Ensures that operational and customer related functions of the contact center are completed timely, accurately and sufficiently to meet standards.
• Meets with peers and Manager regularly to discuss and analyze productivity, service and future plans for growth.
• Assigns daily responsibilities to Agents (e.g. dedicated programs, outbound projects, etc.)
• Ensures that system emergencies are handled appropriately, with direction and assistance from Manager, IT and/or the appropriate vendors.
• Provides support to any agent with escalations, quality monitoring, calls, or general center responsibilities
• Performs other related duties and special projects as requested.
- Education equivalent to a High School diploma/GED or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Two or more years of experience in a high-volume call center environment. Experience in a lead role, preferred.
- Demonstrates experience handling complex customer calls.
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills and knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement practices. Demonstrates intermediate knowledge in using various call center systems.
- Demonstrates intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Must be able to input, monitor and manipulate data within these applications.
- Proficient in the English language. Bilingual fluency in French or Spanish a plus.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible work schedule (including nights, weekends and holidays). Schedule will vary based on business needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.