The Strategic Sourcing Analyst is responsible for coordinating the acquisition of company fleet vehicles across the globe. The ideal candidate will work to balance operating and capital costs while satisfying customer requirements and coordinating deliveries across locations. The Sourcing Analyst’s mission is to provide consistent quality and delivery that meets or exceeds customer expectations while attaining the lowest average cost, minimal loss & damage and optimal service levels.
- Responsible for the management, maintenance, and accuracy of company fleet database.
- Coordinate transportation and utilization of company commercial motor vehicles with fleet management and truck leasing companies
- Maintain and distribute reporting on the production status of all vehicles set for decommission and vehicles on order
- Review and audit current specifications with internal customers, OEMs and up-fitting vendors to provide recommendations to ensure consistency across the fleet
- Support Strategic Sourcing Manager, Fleet on creating standard operating procedures for all continuous improvement and cost containment efforts
- Evaluate mode, service levels, shipment frequency, consolidation, etc. to provide recommendations for cost savings and operational efficiencies
- Document and maintain freight claims and complete regular audits to support the minimization of freight claims and maximization of collections
- Develop and run financial models (e.g. financial analysis of fleet costs, fleet allocation analysis by region), leveraging current tools and systems (e.g., excel, SQL, people) as needed
- Liaise with cross functional departments (planning, commercial, operations, etc.) to understand key business drivers and meet planned fleet delivery targets
Education equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field, or the equivalent in related work experience demonstrating a good knowledge of procurement, sourcing, or supply chain management. Attainment of CPM designation a plus. Five or more years of related work experience, or the equivalent in related work experience demonstrating a good knowledge of purchasing practices and techniques and project management. Demonstrates excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel; focusing on financial and pricing analysis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.