The Legal Intake Specialist position is responsible for gathering and documenting detailed, case type specific information about potential cases for our legal clients. The Intake Specialist helps the injured person get the legal help they need by collecting high level and detailed information that is provided to legal counsel for further review.
The individual will use active listening skills and collect the information in a professional and caring manner as well as ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures.
1) Answers inbound calls from individuals who are seeking information for a personal injury or other related information. The Intake Specialist will maintain a professional, efficient and caring demeanor while gathering information to submit to legal counsel.
2) Occasionally makes outbound calls on other related services provided by the Stericycle customer to obtain future business.
3) Assists with mentoring new Intake Specialists, as needed.
4) Adheres to all Stericycle Communication Solutions company policy and procedures and script guidelines that as determined by the client.
5) Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Education equivalent to a High School diploma/GED or the equivalent in related work experience.
Exceptional telephone etiquette is required as well as the ability to maintain complete confidentiality of any and all information gained while performing this role.
Demonstrates a general knowledge of medical terminology.
Previous customer service or call center experience preferred.
Demonstrated ability to type 30 words per minute preferred.
Proficient in the English language. Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
Demonstrates a good working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office, in order to successfully navigate through the multiple computer systems.
Demonstrates the ability to gain a basic understanding of the Infinity system and the associated call center systems.
Must have the ability to work a flexible work schedule (including nights, weekends and holidays).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.