We are seeking a CDL Route Driver Lead, also known as the Customer Security Representative Lead (CSR Lead). The CSR Lead will be responsible for assisting the local transportation team with various duties related to the overall operation of that branch. The position serves as an example to others CSRs and is considered a developmental role for future advancement.
- Assist Dispatch and Transportation Supervisors and Managers as it relates to Operations. This includes Descartes, Einstein, SAP, and J.J. Keller.
- Serve as the example to other CSRs as it relates to work performance and representing Stericycle’s Core Values.
- May be asked to conduct customer visits to review service.
- May need to perform routes in emergency situations.
- Review previous day’s routes for opportunities for improvement and/or training with drivers to be discussed with management team.
- Monitor routes to improve route efficiency.
- Review operations and staff and recommend to local management, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
- Support route vehicles, containers, load bars and straps, hand-trucks, PDTs and printers, and all other company equipment and assets.
- Conduct ride-alongs and route observations as well as train new hires to result in outstanding performance.
- Develop and maintain 13 week training manual.
- Assist with safety meetings, Stretch/Flex & AM Topic.
- Coach employees on educational and job opportunities to enhance career development and keep them informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and the company by conducting team meetings.
- Assist CSRs with pre-routes duties.
- Administer Company policies and procedures, communicate to staff, interpret, as necessary, and ensure compliance and safety.
- Participate in the maintenance of Driver Qualification Files, DOT Log Files and Vehicle Condition Reports for all CSRs and equipment.
- Ensure DQF, DOT Logs and VCR are accurate and complete; must maintain DOT files.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school
- Demonstrates the ability to read a map, interact professionally with various levels of internal/external customers, and portray a strong professional appearance and attitude at all times and in all situations.
- Two or more years of customer service experience required.
- Previous route management experience is a plus.
- Completion of an accredited driving school, or one or more years of Commercial Driving experience required.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
- Maintains current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), with an excellent driving record.
- Demonstrates the ability to read a map.
- Demonstrates good computer skills and knowledge of internet.
- Must be able to obtain a Medical Examiner’s Certificate from a doctor approved by Stericycle.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Re-quires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
- Customer focused, ability to prioritize, organized, savvy interpersonal skills, strong ethics and values, exhibits integrity and trustworthiness and possesses the ability to effectively deal with ambiguity.
- Processes Management skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.