This position will oversee and coach personnel working in or under the direction of the Company’s internal audit function, reporting into the Chief Audit Executive. The Director Internal Audit will ensure that assign-ments are adequately planned and performed in accordance with Internal Audit's procedures and stand-ards.
This role is responsible for providing oversight and direct execution for developing and implementing department strategy, managing the administration and reporting of SOX-404 control testing execution of operational audits, and leading special projects.
Key Job Activities: List the ongoing day-to-day essential job responsibilities in priority order. .
1) Support’s Stericycle’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) assessment, including planning and organizing, testing, and reporting, and working with process owners to develop and implement remediation plans to address any control deficiencies.
2) Work with external auditors in respect to SOX and control compliance. .
3) Support the Chief Audit Executive in preparing the annual audit plan responsive to the Company’s risks and achievement of objectives that indicates levels of auditing possible and sufficiency of department resources. This includes ongoing oversight of the audit plan and proactive adjustments as company risk profiles change. .
4) Manages internal audit projects as part of the annual Internal Audit plan, including developing risk-based audit programs and scheduling audit projects. This may include special investigations or other, management-requested projects. At the same time provides guidance and support to business and functional units in the development, refinement and documentation of internal controls and business process improvements. .
5) Maintains sufficient knowledge, skills, experience, and professional certifications to support the execution of the internal audit plan. This may include pursuing professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and sharing information gained with co-workers. .
6) 7) 8) 9) 10) Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being audited and summarizes conclusions in audit reports to management. .
Develops and maintains productive working relationships with co-workers and external contacts in the internal audit industry and those industries in which the company operates. This may include partner-ship with the business to promote audit services to address or improve business solutions, consultation of process or system changes, and other emerging risk-based trends. .
Assist in the implementation of the internal audit function’s audit software platform. .
Engage and manage third party consultants who assist with SOX, internal audits and special projects. .
Other Duties as assigned. .
Education and Experience required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position): • Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or related field. • At least one of the following is required: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or similar • Minimum 10 years related audit experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experi-ence.
• Significant international audit experience preferred.
• Project Management and IT systems experience or a general understanding of how information sys-tems operate is a plus.
• Language skills are a strong plus. An ability to write and speak fluent non-English languages, including Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese and/or Korean is viewed strongly.
• Strong inter-personal, leadership, and team-building required. Need ability to work effectively across functional areas.
• Excellent communication skills including ability to write/speak/listen effectively to people across all levels of the organization.
• Preferred experience:
• Prior public accounting experience as well as public company internal audit experience
• Strong SOX program management
• Control optimization and rationalization
• Strong SAP and SAP GRC knowledge
• Strong ERP implementation experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.