We are seeking a Transportation Supervisor to oversee the transportation department of one or more locations within assigned geography; providing leadership within the location(s) as assigned and acting as the liaison between customers, operations, drivers, and the support team. This is a fulltime position, Monday-Friday, and will either be 1st shift or 2nd shift. A class B license is preferred but is not required. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and manage inventory supplies to ensure that adequate inventories are maintained at all times.
- Manage route scheduling to ensure all scheduled customers will be serviced by end of day. Redirect manpower and resources as required, in order to service customers on routes that may have operational difficulties (i.e., vehicle breakdown, vehicle accident, or completely full truck).
- Manage driver debrief process for every route. Ensure there is documentation (manifest, PDT receipt, etc.) for every customer transaction. Update route comments as required.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service as measured by key metrics (on-time, no missed stops, loyalty, etc).
- Manage open order report to resolve service issues.
- Manage the SAP cancellation process for customers cancelling contracts before the stated CSA end date.
- Develop relationships with customers and establish contacts that are comfortable providing accurate service feedback.
- Conduct customer visits to review service.
- Manage customer interaction records to resolve service issues.
- Monitor operations and staff and recommend, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
- Monitor department work productivity, report on trends, and recommend and implement changes to continually improve work productivity.
- Review payroll hours to ensure overtime hours are necessary and all employees are working efficiently.
- Manage route vehicles, containers, load bars and straps, hand-trucks, PDTs and printers, and all other company equipment and assets.
- Monitor routes to improve route efficiency.
Team Member Development:
- Select, train, and develop an effective and efficient staff. Make every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop a qualified, diverse workforce.
- Establish and communicate performance standards and objectives; conduct performance appraisals.
- Recommend salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
- Coach employees on educational and job opportunities, to enhance career development and keep them informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and the company by conducting team meetings.
- Perform “ride a-longs”, ensuring drivers operate and work safely, efficiently, productively, and deliver a high level of customer service.
- Conduct “spot checks” to re-enforce proper driver behavior as well as communicate the value we bring to the customer.
- Perform pre-employment screening activities, new driver orientation, reviews of drivers and monthly safety meetings.
- Complete daily yard walk
- Track and input DOT hours/JJ Keller.
- Administer Company policies and procedures, communicate to staff, interpret, as necessary, and ensure compliance and safety.
- Monitor and ensure that employees are performing their functions safely and productively. Make recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries.
- Conduct regularly scheduled safety meetings (i.e. monthly Safety, Committee, tailgate meetings).
- Oversee and participate in the maintenance of Driver Qualification Files, DOT Log Files and Vehicle Condition Reports for all drivers and equipment. Ensure DQF, DOT Logs and VCR are accurate and complete. Must maintain DOT files.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school, or GED equivalent; some college preferred.
- Class B license preferred but not required.
- Two or more years of Transportation/Logistic experience required, demonstrating the ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
- Commercial Vehicle Driving experience preferred, but not required.
- Maintains a current Medical Examiner’s Certificate (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle/Shred-it.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, DOT, OSHA, HIPAA, and NAID.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications to include spreadsheets and word processing.
- Demonstrates knowledge of inventory management and routing and re-routing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.