The Marketing Manager is responsible for setting the approach, strategy and messaging for the Stericycle Compliance Solutions healthcare market segment to achieve organizational objectives. By combining deep understanding of the segment (client needs, competitors, regulatory environment), insight from key industry contacts, detailed data analysis, knowledge of the product/service capabilities and input from internal stakeholders, the Manager is responsible for managing the roadmap for Healthcare Compliance Solutions service lines and competitive positioning.
- Competitive Positioning. Expert on the market opportunities and size, key competitors, service line value proposition development, feature enhancements/benefit development. Ensuring the Sales Teams have the knowledge of the target market, market conditions, product/service messaging and competitive differentiators to optimize every interaction with prospects and customers across all HCS service lines including medical and pharmaceutical waste and compliance solutions.
- Service Line Management. Coordination with internal departments for flawless execution of the service delivery including Operations, Customer Experience, Sales Operations, Financial Services, Distribution Center. Close collaboration with legal and regulatory teams to ensure compliance with our positioning and compliance content. Ensure the service lines are achieving financial goals based on profitability. Continuously assess the viability and profitability of the products and services offered by the healthcare team within Stericycle Compliance Solutions.
- Vendor Management. Collaborating with all external agencies/vendors who deliver our services both online and offline. External vendor collaboration for enhancements, additional channels to reinforce the benefits (i.e. videos). Adjusting the messaging, packaging and go-to-market as needed. Manage specific services line in addition to management of the entire portfolio.
- Voice of the Customer. Engaging with prospects and customers to understand the emerging needs of the market including sales engagement and industry events/tradeshows/conferences, focus groups to understand buyer goals, validate messaging and provide feedback to the business on buyer needs.
The Manager will work in close collaboration with internal stakeholders to create a cohesive marketing strategy that is designed to land new business, expand existing business, protect the current client base and optimize current products/services. This includes helping to establish the marketing budget, managing to that budget, providing input into the marketing calendar, being available as a subject matter expert, speaking at industry events and other related duties.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Economics or other related field.
Seven or more years of marketing experience including building, planning and executing go-to-market plans.
Five or more years selling, marketing or implementing solutions into the target market segment that is the focus of the team the Manager will be joining.
- Three or more years in an indirect leadership role or a role requiring indirect influence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Experience navigating within a CRM system beneficial.
- Vendor management experience required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.