We are currently seeking a Director, Finance and Accounting in Indianapolis, IN. This position is responsible for the Account-to-Report team activities of the Environmental Solutions business unit, including leadership of the monthly financial close process, financial reporting, and controllership.
Key Job Activities:
- Record to close process lead responsible for duties assigned to the Entity Head of Accounting. Includes adherence to monthly closing deadlines and reporting requirements. Responsible for legal entity results and statutory reporting. Directs month-end closing activities, including the preparation and review of the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and information required by Corporate Finance. Ensures adherence to Corporate Finance policies and effective execution of financial controls (reviews, approvals, etc.); directs remediation of identified control deficiencies associated with Account-to-Report activities.
- Partners with ESOL business leaders and management to drive business unit understanding of financial results. Develops metrics and reporting to communicate financial performance and variances from plan and forecasts.
- Responsible for leading the development and design of internal control procedures to ensure financial statement risks across each mega-process within the business unit are mitigated. Review and self-access the effectiveness of the control environment. Lead remediation efforts of ineffective controls by creating action plans, assigning ownership and establishing due dates. Manage and train local control owners for responsibility of assigned controls.
- Leads and coordinates interactions with both internal and external auditors; ensuring requested information and inquiries are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensures the integrity and update of Financial Reporting Systems as necessary. Assists with the design and implementation of financial information systems.
- Leads business units efforts to implement new accounting and financial reporting requirements governed by Corporate Finance (i.e. SEC & FASB requirements).
- Drives continuous improvement within Account-to-Report activities to drive out process waste and problem-solve process defects. Drive migration to and management of Global Business Services (GBS) and outsourcing for the legal entity.
- As applicable, functionally oversees all accounting and finance activities at acquired entities through the integration to ensure compliance with corporate financial and accounting policies and a timely recognition of synergies. Completes Purchase Accounting and valuations for acquired entity opening balance sheets.
Education and Experience Required:
Education equivalent to Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business preferred, along with seven or more years of related finance/business experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business, along with ten or more years of related finance/business experience, while demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of financial reporting and controllership.
Demonstrates strong financial statement analysis experience, and the ability to develop and present information to business leaders along with excellent business acumen.
Position requires proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and Outlook. Familiarity with Sales Force.Com (CRM Software), LEAN Concepts, and Process Management are a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.